For the third consecutive year, in 2016, Portugal was considered the World’s Best Golf Destination, at the 3rd edition of the World Golf Awards held at the Conrad Algarve Hotel.
Portugal was also awarded the prize for Best European Golf Destination, a recognition that is repeated for the 3rd time consecutively.
There are currently 91 golf courses in Portugal (of which 66 have 18 or 27 holes) and the Algarve is the region with the largest number of golf courses in Portugal (44%), followed by the Lisbon region (17.58%).
Aspects such as culture, gastronomy and wines, beaches, history, variety of landscapes, and above all, the hospitality of the Portuguese people, are certainly distinguishing elements that make Portugal an excellent golf destination and its recognition has been has not gone unnoticed. Over the past few years the following prizes were awarded:
– Portugal, World’s Best Golf Destination – in 2014, 2015 and 2016 by the World Golf Awards;
– Portugal, Best European Golf Destination – in 2014 and 2015 by the World Golf Awards;
– Portugal, World’s Best Golf Destination – in 2013 by the World Travel Awards;
– Portugal, Best European Golf Destination – in 2013 by the World Travel Awards
– Lisbon Golf Coast, Best European Golf Destination in 2016 by IAGTO – International Association of Golf Tour Operators;
– Algarve, Best European Golf Destination for 2014 by IAGTO – International Association of Golf Tour Operators;
– Algarve, Best European Golf Destination in 2015, 2013 and 2012 – “Today’s Golfer” Magazine
– UK (best value for money) – Best value destination.
The World Golf Awards aim to stimulate the Golf tourism industry and result from online voting by professionals in the sector, specialised tour operators and the media dedicated to golf and the public.
[pullquote align=”center”]This post was published originally at https://www.visitportugal.com/en/node/321551[/pullquote]